Fixtures and Flowers is a gardening and home improvements blog aimed at people looking to learn how to do things around their home and garden. The blog covered various “How To” style topics, as well as advice and tips. My goal for the blog is to help readers create amazing spaces they’re proud to call home.
Guest Post Guidelines
From time to time Fixtures and Flowers accepts guest posts from guest writers wanting to write for us. I love opening up the blog to other bloggers and writers out there who love writing about the same content as me.
Please make sure that you have read through all the content guidelines before reaching out.
What kind of content is accepted?
I want to keep my blog close to the niche I love writing about, so topics should be related to home improvements and gardening only. These topics with an eco or green spin are also very welcomed.
Any other topics will unfortunately not be considered.
How Should I Pitch My Ideas?
To make sure that I see your pitch, please follow these guidelines when reaching out:
- Use the form below or title your email ‘Guest Article Request’.
- Say hi! Tell me about yourself, and why you’d like to write for Fixtures and Flowers. Do you have your own blog?
- Send me 3-5 topic ideas. Please do not write a guest post without pitching first. Posts that were not pitched first normally don’t match my blog and are turned down.
- Include some examples of previously published articles. This allows me to check your writing style will be the perfect match for my blog.
Do you want to make sure your guest post is accepted and published? You’ll definitely want to follow these guidelines then.
- Word count. All guest posts MUST be a minimum of 1,000 words. Anything less stands out against my normal content and will not be accepted.
- Quality writing. Please proof read and grammar check your guest post. Articles that have been poorly written will not be accepted. Please note that this blog is written in British English.
- Original content. Guest posts must be 100% exclusive to Fixtures and Flowers, so please no article spinning, syndicating, or reposting.
- Formatting. Please make sure headings are in H2 format, subheadings in H3, and so on. Bullet points are also encouraged.
- Linking. I encourage links to external sources, within reason. Spammy links will be removed. Please include a minimum of 2 links to other blog posts on Fixtures and Flowers.
- Images. Please include a main header image, and 3-6 images within the text. Images MUST have source links. You can find loads of amazing images on free image sites like Unsplash and Pixabay.
- Keywords. Please include a keyword/phrase that your guest post will be targeting. Doing this (and all of the above) will fast track your post to being published. People need to be able to find your post, right?
I reserve the right to make edits to guest posts to make sure they are inkeeping with Fixtures and Flowers normal content. Any articles that do not stick to these guidelines will unfortunately not be published.
Please make sure you understand and agree to all of the above. Of course, if you have any questions please just let me know 🙂
What To Do When You’ve Finished Writing
Once you’ve finished your guest post and checked it ticks all the requirements above, you’ll need to send it to me! Here’s how it will work:
- Format. Please send your guest post to me in a Google Doc (preferred) or a Word Doc.
- Confirmation. Within a few days I’ll email you back confirming I’ve received your guest post. I’ll try to give you an idea of when I’ll be able to look at what you’ve written.
- Changes/publishing. Once I’ve read through your post, I’ll let you know if there are any changes needed. If not, I’ll let you know when the post will be scheduled to publish. Unfortunately I can’t give feedback on posts that aren’t accepted.
- Patience. Please be patient with me. I will get back to you as soon as possible, but I do have a part time job and a family that keep me very busy. If you haven’t heard anything from me after 7 days, feel free to send me an email.
- Published! Once your guest post has been published, please spread the love and share it on social media. It helps get more eyes on your amazing work.
If you would like to write a guest article for Fixtures and Flowers, please use the contact form below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing your article ideas!