Guest Post Guidelines
From time to time Fixtures and Flowers accepts guest posts from guest writers wanting to write for us. I love opening up the blog to other bloggers and writers out there who love writing about the same content as me.
Please make sure that you have read through all the content guidelines before reaching out.
Pitching and Writing Your Guest Post
- Use the form below or title your email ‘Guest Article Request’.
- Include some examples of previously published articles and 2 – 4 topic ideas you would like to write about.
- Please do not write a guest post without pitching a title or topic first.
- Once we have agreed on a topic/title, please send your completed 1,000+ word article as either a Google Doc, or a Word document.
- Let’s share the love! Please promote your post on your social platforms so that your followers can see the awesome article you have written.
How to get your guest post accepted:
- Topics should be related to home improvements and gardening only. These topics with an eco or green spin are also very welcomed.
- Articles should be 1,000+ words. Write a detailed article that properly explains your topic, rather than brushing the surface. Anything less than 1,000 words will not be accepted.
- Please proof read and grammar check your writing before sending. Articles that have been poorly written will not be accepted. Please note that this blog is written in British English.
- I reserve the right to make grammatical changes, or alterations to make a sentence flow better.
- Articles written in a spammy way, plug keywords, or that come across in any way salesy will not be accepted. Please only write about topics that would be of interest to or benefit Fixtures and Flowers readers.
- Guest posts must be 100% exclusive to Fixtures and Flowers, so please no article spinning, syndicating, or reposting.
- If you have images to go along with your article that you have permission to use, please send them over!
- Articles must link to a minimum of 1 other blog post on Fixtures and Flowers.
- Links to 2 – 4 resources are welcome.
Any articles that do not stick to these guidelines will unfortunately not be published, so if you have any questions please do ask them before writing.
How To Contribute
If you would like to write a guest article for Fixtures and Flowers, please use the contact form below, or email me at email@example.com with your pitch and links to 2 live guest posts you have written.
I look forward to seeing your article ideas!